Highly motivated, ambitious, dedicated, detail oriented, and creative professional with 10+ years of experience in the fashion and retail industry who specializes in driving sales through visual merchandising.
Visual Merchandising Manager
Cartier, Richemont North America, New York, NY March 2018 – Present
Manage 6 boutiques: Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Bloor Street (Toronto), and Yorkdale (Toronto).
- Remerchandise all cases which include jewelry; men’s and women’s watches; High Jewelry, and Diamond/Bridal.
- Install and change out window displays and interior vitrines.
- Remerchandise Home department which includes leather goods (men’s and women’s leather bags and wallets); accessories (belts, scarves, eyewear, cufflinks, key chains, lights, money clips); fragrance; pens, and stationery, etc.
- Execute floor moves.
- Perform reactive merchandising and consolidation.
- Creating “hot spots” or special displays for product launches.
- Ensure all visual standards are maintained.
- Address and manage boutique’s operational needs (related to visual merchandising) such as lighting issues; visual maintenance issues (i.e. replacing fabric inside cases; repair or replace window curtains, etc.); window cleaning; ordering display props, etc.
- Work closely with boutique administrators on “moving” product in boutique’s inventory system during merchandising visits.
- Communicate with boutique directors on their merchandising needs/requests and remerchandising based on the needs of their business.
- Create Visual Merchandising Report after each boutique visit: recap all merchandising changes and updates with before and after pictures.
- Manage freelancer in Toronto region: schedule freelancer; coordinate delivery times for freelancer; communicate, delegate, and follow-up with freelancer regarding visual tasks and maintenance; review freelancer’s Visual Merchandising Reports.
- Maintain and update supply ordering and boutique maintenance reports.
- Created visual checklist used for each boutique visit which is incorporated in the Visual Merchandising Report.
- Manage travel accommodations and expenses.
Freelance Visual Display Coordinator
Club Monaco, Ralph Lauren Corp., New York, NY August 2017 – March 2018
Assist and support the Corporate Visual Team with in-store interior and window displays and installations.
- Corporate Showroom visual display set-ups.
- Execute Corporate Showroom conceptions into 3-D installations for final approval for all-store direction.
- In-store visual display and installations.
- In-store window installations: 3-D installations; screens; decals/vinyls.
Visual Merchandising Manager
Club Monaco, Ralph Lauren Corp. , New York, NY November 2013 – August 2017
Managed visual department at corporate flagship and global flagship stores. Responsible for executing and maintaining all visual standards as per corporate direction and ensured that the brand esthetic is upheld to the highest level.
Monthly Flip Presentation:
- Developed system for effective mapping and planning of the flip process.
- Displayed effective and strategic use of all fixtures and merchandising capacity.
- Ability to adapt the directive to the needs of the store, business, space, and assortment.
- Managed and facilitated the Flip Prep process; Flip overnights; power closes; and perfect closes.
- Photographed; edited; and created Power Point presentations for final flip photo submissions viewed globally.
- Ensured all visual standards are maintained.
- Performed daily reactive merchandising.
- Developed a balance of full price vs. markdown merchandising strategies depending on time of year, promotional cadence, etc.
- Executed POS set-ups strategically with accuracy on pricing, signage, stock ownership, and capacity.
- Performed daily visual audit and maintenance of the store from a merchandising stand point such as product placement; visual display and décor throughout the store; window installations; fixturing; interior signage; window decals, etc.
- Audited mannequins; changed out mannequin looks due to sell through or as directed by corporate’s mid-month updates.
- Ensured daily replenishment and size integrity were thoroughly completed and managed through out the day.
- Lead walkthroughs with SM to address sell through and created strategic action plans around underperforming departments and in line with store needs.
- Communicated visual business recaps with area and regional managers along with corporate partners.
- Followed and executed Visual Presentation Updates directed by corporate; communicated daily action plans; sent pictures of updated merchandising moves, and emailed sign-offs upon completion.
- Participated in corporate in-store work throughs; corporate workshops; assisted with real-time merchandising in the corporate showroom; participated with new store openings.
- Daily visual maintenance of the store from an operational standpoint.
- Audited and communicated any operational opportunities such as lighting, repairs; store maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- Oversaw Early and Late style trackers and partnered with BOH on cross-referencing shipment to ensure they are prioritized.
- Created closing email template (which has been used among all NYC CM Stores) to assist visual associates with communicating pertinent information regarding their opening and closing process.
- Communicated any operational tasks and needs such as payroll, allocation, staffing.
- Maintained a fully staffed creative team in line with approved census.
- Recruited; trained; and coached and developed associates.
- Cross-trained all departments on visual standards and closing procedures; traveled to other stores to assist with training associates on closing procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Delegated roles and responsibilities for specialized area of focus for each visual team members.
- Created schedule and managed time & attendance for visual team.
Ann Taylor, Ann Inc., New York, NY August 2012 – November 2013
- Reviewed directives; created a schematic map and merchandising strategy.
- Facilitated store’s floor sets every two weeks: remerchandised sales floor with new product and changed out mannequins.
- Set-up visual displays and installations both in the windows and on the sales floor.
- Managed visual team: hand selected and scheduled associates to participate in the floors sets.
- Maintained visual appearance of the store.
- Merchandised the sales floor as per company standards.
- Executed reactive merchandising.
- Remerchandised the sales floor after markdowns were processed.
- Confirmed all marketing and displays were received on time; displayed as per company’s direction and branding, ensured all sales and in-store events were advertised with appropriate campaign signage or images.
- Supported BOH with replenishing sales floor.
- Assisted with weekly markdowns.
- Helped with checking-in and processing shipment.
- Processed e-commerce orders.
- Department manager
- Project manager
- Recruit; train; and coach and develop associates
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines
- Demonstrate strong, solution oriented partnerships
- Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Ability to prioritize; multi-task; and meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Microsoft Word
- Windows & Mac Systems
- Web Design
Club Monaco 57th Street, 2014 [Tier 2: $10 M]
- Store exceeded year’s goal by $1 million
- Conversion: +4.25%
- SPH: +$14.74
Club Monaco 5th Avenue, 2015 [Tier 1: $20 M]
- Store exceeded year’s goal: +1.3%
- Conversion: +3.14%
- ADT: +$18.96
- Achieved shrink goal: -0.62% (goal -0.65%)
Club Monaco Columbus Ave, 2016 [Tier 4: $3 M]
- Store exceeded year’s goal: +3.1%
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA – 1997 (FKA P.C.T. & S.)
Bachelor of Science – Major: Fashion Design
- J. Crew, Inc., New York, NY – Summer 1996
Women’s Classic Design Assistant to Jenna Lyons
Fabric Research Assistant
- Giorgio Armani Fashion Corp., New York, NY – Summer 1995
Menswear Showroom Assistant
Pro Data, Inc., New York, NY – December 2009 – March 2010
Certificate of Completion in Administration Assistant
200 hour curriculum of study in administrative assistant