ASSISTANT MANAGER, MEETINGS & INCENTIVES MANAGEMENT DEPT.
KIE | Kintetsu International Express, New York, NY
August 2004 – May 2009
- Managed all aspects of meeting management: conceptualize, coordinate, and execute meetings, small conferences, events, and incentive programs.
- Developed creative proposals for clients that entailed destinations, site venues, hotel properties, leisure activities, transportation, and various services.
- Prepared and managed all components of program budget and final reconciliation; Created timeline, spec sheets and flight manifest; managed database, online registration and appropriate printing & production.
- Drafted agreements and contracts with clients and organizers; negotiated contracts with hotels, vendors and suppliers.
- Planned and coordinated logistics for meetings/events and communicated with hotels, vendors and suppliers to ensure complete execution.
- Reviewed meeting agendas, BEO’s, hotel resumes, rooming lists.
- Active on-site meeting planner and event coordinator to ensure program or event is executed from beginning to end in real time i.e. set-ups of meeting room and function space, AV, F&B and lead pre-con and post event meetings.
- Met with department manager and GM to: review current accounts, progress, and issues; submit final reporting at end of each program.
- Managed monthly department reports to reflect current sales, open accounts, closed accounts; and assessed and compared department’s monthly and yearly budget goals to LY.
CORPORATE SHOWROOM OPERATIONS MANAGER
French Connection Group, Inc., New York, NY
October 2000 – November 2002
- Managed inventories for 26 retail stores: ensured daily review and reconciliation of stock between stores, corporate office and warehouse.
- Processed and analyzed company wide retail sales reports which tracked current business sales verses LY, stock movement, and all sales transactions for each individual store.
- Conducted company physically inventories on a quarterly basis; supported retail stores in all aspect of operations including audited store’s transactions and operational functions.
- Communicated daily with Merchandisers, stores, and Warehouse on issues with allocated inventory and shipment.
- Assisted Merchandisers on creating reactive business plans: allocated replenishment; implemented inter-store transfers/consolidation and in-store re-merchandising action plans; liaised with the Marketing Dept. to create a sales campaign or develop an in-store promotion to drive sales.
- Attended line reviews and trend forecasting meetings; worked with the Merchandisers to determine the season’s key items and to layout a merchandising scheme for the season.
- Collaborated with the store managers and district managers on a company-wide incentive program to encourage sales associates to increase their sales.
- Assisted with creating a company wide Master Merchandising binder for each season: the binder entailed every style, SKU, color, size, and store allocation.
- Liaised between company and various vendors for operational services.
- Assisted with the launch of e-commerce; managed company’s e-commerce.
- Managed on-line and phone orders along with company-wide customer service issues.